Monday, July 7, 2008

May: Spring in Germany

Spring is one of the nicest times in Germany and we decided to take our last trip back as a home holiday and also as a working trip for me. I'm coming to 30 weeks and should be flying back home at 32 weeks. This should be safe enough according to the airline standards. Besides spending time doing all the necessary paperwork for preparing for maternity leave and insurances, spent abit of time at work chatting with colleagues and especially so since another close colleague of mine is also pregnant. Both of us are really clueless moms so we had lots to ask around :)
This time in Germany, we started getting some bottles NUK and Avent are hugely popular there, a few toys- mostly wooden ones that I so love, a stroller *i quite pro with german brands now :P* which might be alittle heavy and big for Spore, a 2nd hand Maxi Cosi Citi going at 32Euroes and looked brand new! :)), teas, some books, natural baby body wash, Calendula cream, lotions and other bath stuff that are a WHOLE lot cheaper there than in Spore, bathtub holder, some onesies from H&M and DM *my favourite drugstore* and lots of pass me downs from friends. We had 7 pieces of luggage on our way back!
Also spent alot of time in the nature ... went to Salzburger mountain ranges there for the beautiful lakes, did a short hike but couldn't continue much since it was still icy and on my bday we went to the area again and took a little boat ride around the lake since it wouldn't be practical for me to do an outright sailing trip during my 7.5 months. A huge breath of fresh air after Shanghai, Little Sparrow seems to be happy with my trips... there has been no protest so far. :)

WARNING: Disturbing images below...

Disturbing to me, at least! Another pic of my swollen feet, this time it was after a wedding I went to after we came back from germs. Looks like my KittyKaps have to be put aside as I look for other alternatives :(
I got this swimsuit at the XXL section in BKK :) It's comfy and doesn't cost as much as those preggy ones. Check out my thunder thighs! haha.. definitely a bottom heavy person I am. :P Trying to keep to my swimming as often as possible , it's not really that comfy when the top of the foot is so swollen that everytime you kick, you can feel it jiggling , not exactly pain but not painless either.... if i make any sense.Above is this shop I go to at Novena Square2 called BabyBreeze. Set up by 2 midwives with over 30 years experience each, they have lots of courses like parents2b like us. Since all the courses in the hospitals take up 6-8 weeks at one go, we couldn't make it due to our work and errr... travelling schedules, so we took up a lesson with them instead. It was a 5 hour session in Childbirth prep course and another session next month in June for Breastfeeding. Zara, the lady above is really good and had lots of tips from her too. Although I sometimes believe that ignorance is bliss but many times I think I'd rather know what is going on so that I don't go through the stress of wondering what will be coming next. Of course nothing prepares you for the pain or the whole experience, but it sure helps when you know that you're not totally on the wrong side of the road.

No comments: